- Red paper (8½ x 11 inches)
- White paper (9 x 7 inches)
- Tennis ball canister (Check with a local tennis club to see if they can donate any.)
- Blue tape (1½ inch)
- Double-sided tape
- Star-shaped punch or star stickers
- Tea light (Battery-operated)
- Cut the white paper so that it is 9 x 7 inches. Roll the paper and place it inside the tennis canister.
- Place a strip of blue tape along both of the 11-inch sides of the red paper.
- Fold the paper in half creating an 11-inch strip. Cut a slit every inch from the folded center to the edge of the tape.
- Use the star punch to cut a star in the blue tape about every one inch (or add star stickers).
- Add double-sided tape along the back (not taped side) of the red paper. Bring the opposite side around and tape together.
- Slide the lantern over the tennis can. Place a battery-operated tea light inside.
The Holiday Ideas 365! book is full of simple recipe-like ideas for holidays through the year. The child friendly activities and crafts are perfect for the classroom and home! Choose from digital or hard copy versions! Order your Holiday Ideas 365! through our store.