- Washable Paint (brown, orange, yellow, red)
- Card stock or construction paper (8.5 x 11)
- Jigsaw Puzzle pieces
- Paint the backside of the puzzles pieces (approximately 20 per child) with autumn colors.
- Paint the child’s palm and fingers and arm (about half way to the elbow). Work quickly so the paint doesn’t dry.
- Ask the child to lay their hand and arm on the paper to stamp it with the brown paint and create the tree trunk and branches.
- After the painted pieces and tree are dry, begin adding the puzzle pieces with glue to be the autumn foliage to the tree.