Use this poster activity to create a summer scene that will identify the Old Testament books of law, history, and poetry. Kids can add new divisions each week when they attend. Perfect for early arrivers!
- A sheet of construction paper or poster board for each child
- Yellow paper to cut into a sun shape (Law)
- A strip of green paper that will be used as the grass (History)
- Brown construction paper for trees(Poetry)
- Variety of colored paper for flowers (Major & Minor Prophets)
- Glue stick
- Crayons for other artistic touches needed
- Begin by gluing the sun in the corner of the paper.
- Invite the kids to cut tree shapes and glue in place leaving room to color in foliage.
- Cut a green strip of paper into 13 fringes by cutting halfway down the strip.
- Now glue the pieces of grass (or green strip cut into segments) on the bottom of your paper over the trunks of the trees.
- Invite kids to write “Law” on the sun, “History” on the first blade of grass, and “Poetry” on the first tree and continue with the Major and Minor Prophets. Kids can also write the names of the books for each division of the Bible.
- Encourage kids to color more of a summer scene and write Isaiah 40:8 “The grass withers the flowers fade, but the word of our God remains forever.”
As pretty as nature can be, the Bible and the words contained inside are far more beautiful and important.