- Teachers plan activities that naturally lead to talking about Bible truths.
- Teachers talk about the Bible as the children are involved in activities.
- Teachers plan a variety of activities for the children to choose so that each child can learn in the way God has gifted him to learn.
- Teachers use Bible verses and phrases, Bible story conversation and songs to encourage Bible learning on the child’s level of understanding.
- Teachers place Bibles in Bible learning centers for children to touch and use.
- Teachers insert Bible markers in the Bible at Bible verses/ phrases and Bible stories.
- Teachers encourage preschoolers to talk. Teachers listen as children talk.
- Teachers are prepared to begin teaching when the first child arrives.
- Teachers build relationships with children and parents by committing to teach every week.
- Teachers are trained to use the curriculum and are equipped with an understanding of the importance of Bible teaching for preschoolers.
Wash hands after changing a diaper, after assisting a child with toileting, after wiping a child’s nose or mouth, before feeding a baby or serving snacks, and before and after administering first aid.
- Use mild liquid antibacterial soap and warm water.
- To disinfect, dip hands in diluted bleach solution and rinse.
- Dry hands with paper towel.
Preparing Bleach Solution
- Bleach solution can be used to disinfect toys, furnishings, hands, and other items.
- Mix 1/4 cup of bleach with one gallon of water (or 1 tablespoon bleach to 1 quart water).
- Prepare fresh solution for each teaching time.
Cleaning Teaching Materials/ Furnishings
- Fill three basins:
1. Soapy, warm water
2. Disinfecting bleach solution
3. Clear rinse water (use running water if available)
- Each session, wash each toy first with soapy water. Dip in disinfecting solution and rinse.
- Set aside on towel or dish drainer to air dry.
- Clean cribs with soapy water, disinfecting solution and clear rinse. Clean both sides of mattress and all rails. Wipe rails dry allow mattress to air dry.