- Card stock
- Transparent plastic folders (yellow, red & blue)
- “0” Die cut or template
- Hole punch
- Paper brad
- Fold a piece of card stock in half. We used black, but any color would work. Place it on the “0” die just inside the cut line, so that the folded end of the “0” is left uncut. Cut three sets for each child’s project.
- Cut an oval from each color folder. This needs to be slightly larger than the opening of the “0.”
- Glue the two layers of the “0” together, with the plastic oval between the layers to make a paddle. Make one of each color.
- Make a stack of all three paddles and punch a hole in the flat end. Insert a paper brad to hold the paddles together.
- Use the paddles to explore how the colors can mix to make other colors.