Prepare a game for the drip pan to use on Mother’s Day. This game could also be used at another time to talk about families. A drip pan game can be played on a table or on the floor.
- metal drip pan (can be a purchased from an auto parts store or in the automotive department at Wal-Mart for about $10.)
- white paper and address labels
- felt-tip marker (or use computer to print words)
- paper plates
- magnetic tape
1. Print the words Thank You, God, for Mothers on white paper. Attach magnetic tape to the back of the paper, and then place it in the center of the pan.
2. Prepare labels to place on the front of paper plates for each child’s mother (or grandmother). For example: Denver’s mother.
3. Add pieces of magnetic tape to the back of each plate. The magnetic tape on the back of the plates will make it easier to arrange and keep the plates on the pan.
4. Provide extra plates and labels for visitors.
- Talk about God’s plan for mothers. Read the Bible verse Love your mother (Deuteronomy 5:16).
- Guide children to arrange the plates on the drip pan. (See illustration.)
- Ask a child to point to plate with his name on it. If needed, help the child read the words—Denver’s mother. Say, “Thank You, God, for Denver’s mother. Thank You, God, for Denver’s grandmother.”
- Pray, thanking God for mothers and grandmothers.