If you do not have a Giant Game Floor Mat, consider buying one to use in a variety of ways with preschoolers. If you have a Giant Game Floor Mat, use it!
The box for the Giant Game Floor Mat also includes a game book, bean bag, and spinner. The mat is not limited to the use on the floor. Four metal grommets across the top of the mat can be used to hang the mat on the wall.
Giant Game Floor Mat
LifeWay Christian Resources, Item 1114564 (can be ordered online or purchased at a LifeWay Christian Book Store)
Supplies for game mat activities:
- Command Hooks® for hanging on the wall
- items to place in the pockets (20 clear pockets on the mat)
Giant Game Floor Mat on the Wall:
- Choose a wall space to hang the mat.
- Use four Command Hooks® to fit in the metal grommets on the mat.
- Attach the hooks to the wall as directed on the package. Hang the mat on the hooks.
- Place items such as pictures, photographs, Bible words, names in the pockets.
Note: The game mat can be removed from the hooks and placed on the floor.
Game Idea—Name Game:
1. Use 5-by-8-inch cards (or pieces of paper) to print names of children and teachers, one name on each card. Prepare a duplicate set of name cards.
2. Place one set of name cards in the pockets on the mat. Place the other set in a gift bag.
3. Invite a child to reach in the bag and remove one card. Ask the child to find the matching name on the mat.
4. Continue until all the name cards have been matched.
5. Mention boys and girls who are absent. Identify new friends.
6. Remind preschoolers that Jesus had friends (Luke 2:52). Say: The Bible says that Jesus prayed for His friends.” Pause to thank God for friends.