October is Pastor Appreciation Month. Most of our Bible Drillers will be learning Isaiah 6:8 around this time. Why not make these cardboard tube owls filled with treats to let your pastors know how much they are appreciated?
What you will need:
- Cardboard paper towel tubes
- Craft knife (leader use only)
- Hole-reinforcement labels
- Wiggle eyes
- Cupcake liners (2 colors)
- Candies (small)
Put it together:
- Cut cardboard paper towel tubes into thirds.
- Flatten the ends of the tubes and use a craft knife to score a half circle at the ends of the tubes on all four sides. This will allow them to fold in.
- Cut some of the hole-reinforcement labels in half for feathers.
- Allow the kids to attach wiggle eyes and draw a beak.
- Show the kids how to use the half labels to form the owl’s feathers.
- Help the kids glue the cupcake liner around the center of the tube to make the wings.
- Close the bottom end of the tube. Fill with candy. Close the top.
- Ask the kids to print “Isaiah 6:8, who do we appreciate?” and “Thank you for being our Pastor,” on the tags. Use the twine to attach the tag.
- Challenge the kids to memorize Isaiah 6:8. To help visual learners remember the reference, suggest turning the 6 & 8 into owls. Point out that the verse asks, “Who should I send, and who will go for us.”