- Black permanent marker
- Basketball beads
- Paper straw
- Orange paint
- Cotton swabs
- Cut two cardboard circles.
- Cut the cord to a length three times the diameter of the circle.
- Draw basketball lines on the circles.
- Use a cotton swab to dot the entire surface of both circles with orange dots.
- Thread a basketball bead on each end of the cord and tie a knot to secure.
- Lay one cardboard ball face down. Glue or tape the cord across the center of the ball.
- Flatten the top inch of the straw and glue it so that it extends past the base of the ball.
- Glue the other cardboard ball over the first, sandwiching all the components between.
- Place the straw between your hands and roll back and forth.