Here’s a different spin on the penny offering contest:
What you will need:
- One jug or bucket per team
- An event or period of time for the contest
- Lost of pennies!!
Put it together:
- Make a jug for each team.
- Have the team members put pennies into their jugs.
- Opposing teams can place silver coins into other team jugs in order to have those points count against them (a nickel is -5 points, a dime is -10 and so on).
- The team with the most “points” at the end, wins!
Other fun penny games:
- Penny Pile: How many pennies can you stack before they topple over?
- Penny Pace: Walk to the other side of the room with a penny on your foot. Put the penny in the bucket without using your hands.
- Penny Pass: Kids secretly pass the penny around the circle. One child has to guess where the penny stopped.
- Penny on a Plunger: Place the plunger in center of hula hoop. Balance a penny on the handle. Kids toss their pennies to try to knock the penny off the plunger handle.