Mother Son Event!
Written by Keith Badgett
Isn’t it funny when a five-foot tall mom looks up at her six-foot tall son and refers to him as her “little boy?” Developing a strong bond with a son early can help set you on a path towards a meaningful relationship. If you’re a mom, take these few suggestions and create a meaningful time with your “little boy.”
1) Put on your “little boy” glasses. Try and see the world through your son’s eyes. What are his interests? If he had a free Saturday, what adventures would he want to discover? Find out and join him there!
2) Introduce him to new things early. Focus on activities ending in “ing.” Jumping, swinging, shooting, and playing are all activities boys should learn to enjoy. This can develop lifelong, bonding interests for both mom and son.
3) Physical touch reinforces your feelings. Don’t take offense if your son seems wiggly and inattentive to your heartfelt monologue about how you feel towards him. Reinforce your feelings with brief sentences, lots of hugs, fist bumps, high fives, and secret handshakes.
4) Make memories visible and memorable. Carve your initials in a tree. Create a picture frame and put a picture of the two of you in it. Hang a painting on the wall you both helped complete. Build a monument together (Joshua 4:3-20).
5) Journal. Write down both the big and small things you do with your boy. What a great graduation or wedding day gift to revisit all those memorable times with mom!
Don’t be afraid to pull your hair back and get dirt under your fingernails in order to engage with your son. Your “little boy” will thank you.
Schedule a One Day Workshop for your teachers in your church with Mr. Mark
Need ideas and inspiration for your teachers? Don’t have lots of time or money to attend a week-long conference in Kid’s Ministry? No Problem! Mr. Mark is bringing you a super packed one day workshop to fuel your ministry with ideas to use immediately. There will be super sessions with practical helps, comedy and giveaways. Now scheduling workshops for 2016!
8:30 am Registration Opens
9:00- 9:30 Welcome Session- Three Pillars of Children’s Ministry
9:30- 10:30 How to Explain Salvation to Children
10:30-11:00 Break/ Make a Bible Skill Game
11:00-Noon Bible Skill Games Kid’s Love
12:00- 12:45 Lunch (provided by church)
12:45- 1:45 Guiding Behavior in the Classroom
1:45- 2:00 Break and Giveaways
2:15- 3:15 Becoming an Amazing Storyteller
3:15- 3:30 Closing Comments & Giveaways
For more information; email firstname.lastname@example.org with dates and location you would like to schedule your training conference. An association of churches or group of churches can work together to provide the event.
Parenting is a Choice parenting conference available on Friday night (6:30- 9:00 pm)
Teaching Preschoolers UNWRAPPED Conference August 5 in OKC