Written by Laurie Fryklund
What you will need:
- Clean & empty 20 oz. Plastic bottles, one per child, label removed
- White, plastic plates, one per child
- 1″ x 2″ oval punch
- White or silver glitter
- White pony beads in interesting shapes (optional)
- Clear corn syrup
- Duct tape
- Permanent marker, one per child
- Measuring spoons
Put it together:
- For each child, cut six 1″x2″ ovals from the plastic plates.
- Write one of the following words on each oval:
- Put the ovals in the bottle. Add 1 teaspoon of glitter to the bottle and the pony beads (if using).
- Fill the bottle one-half full of clear corn syrup. Fill the bottle the rest of the way to the top with water.
- Tighten the lid on the bottle and secure with duct tape.
- Each day the kids will shake the bottle and whatever item pops up first is what they will pray for that day.
- This could be a good companion activity if you are studying missionaries in one of the northern countries.
(Adapted from Children In Action)