- Sturdy paper plates
- Christmas die cuts and die cut machine
- Hole punch
- Small pom poms for ornaments (optional)
- Marker (to write bible verse)
- Use the die-cut machine, being careful to center the die cut on the plate.
- Using the hole punch, punch holes around the design, leaving enough margin for the edges to remain strong.
- Cut yarn in 24” segments and wrap one end with a piece of tape so that it will be easy to push through the holes.
- Invite a child to pull the yarn through one hole, and tape the loose end on the back of the plate. Have the child lace the yarn back and forth however they wish.
- When they reach the end of the yarn, have them tape it to the back of the plate and get another piece of yarn and begin lacing again.
- When they are finished lacing, write the bible verse around the edge of the plate.
- You can decorate the ornaments or trees by gluing on pompoms.
Bonus activity: The piece that you punched out of the middle of the plate can also be used for lacing. Punch holes around the outside of the shape. It’s perfect for younger preschoolers to lace with yarn.
Want to be a star teacher with little effort? Here is the secret weapon every preschool teacher needs! Learning Centers Beyond Compare has over 200 center ideas and activities preschoolers will love. Ideas for puzzles, art, blocks, nature, homeliving and plenty of bonus ideas to use in music and group experiences. An added feature is literacy activities and literacy ideas for language, math and problem solving as well.