- Mini craft sticks
- Paint (white, black & brown)
- Orange craft foam
- Wiggle eyes
- Small sealable storage bag
Prepare: The teaching steps listed below may be rearranged to save time as pieces of the puzzle are drying.
- Set one craft stick aside. Tape four craft sticks to the table, side by side. The tape should be about ¾ inch from the top.
- Paint the portion above the tape brown.
- Now take the single craft stick and paint one side of the stick brown.
- When the paint is dry turn the four taped sticks over and repeat painting the portion above the tape black.
- Paint the back of the single brown stick black and let dry.
- When this paint is dry on the other sticks, move the tape to cover the part you just painted and paint the lower portion of the sticks white.
- Draw a scarecrow mouth on the brown hat side and a snowman mouth on the black hat side.
- Draw and cut out a small carrot from the orange craft foam for the snowman’s nose.
- Cut a small triangle for the scarecrow’s nose.
- Store all of the pieces along with two wiggle eyes into the sealable bag.