The Big Idea: Monitors to create work stations for communication desks.
Supplies Needed: Pizza boxes or other flat boxes in smaller sizes, spray paint, ruler, craft knife, laminated fabric or paper to give a shiny surface for the screen, toilet plunger, and old keyboards (cut off cords). Optional- Retired or junk monitors.
- Paint boxes and plungers white or black to match the keyboards.
- Measure an equal width edge around the box front and draw lines (not larger than the screen fabric or paper)
- Cut along the lines to remove the center square.
- Tape the fabric or paper inside the box.
- Seal the lid of the box with tape.
- Cut an “X” on the bottom of the box for the plunger handle to pass through and into the box.
- Adjust height on the plunger pole once it is on the table.
- Optional- Add self-adhesive red/ green dots for the power light on the front of the monitor and/or sticky notes as reminders for work or return calls.